Australian Blockchain Week 2022
The Mainstream Moment
21st – 25th March 2022
BLOCKCHAIN WEEK 2022 RECORDINGS
DAY 1 – THE MAINSTREAM MOMENT
Featuring Steve Vallas. Run Time: 11 minutes.
- Opening Address: Senator Andrew Bragg followed by Q&A with Caroline Bowler
Featuring Andrew Bragg. Run Time: 28 minutes.
- Opening Keynote by Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX. Followed by Q&A with Michael Bacina
Featuring Sam Bankman-Fried and Michael Bacina. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- The Custodia story and the lessons from afar. A fireside chat with Heath Behncke.
Featuring Caitlin Long and Heath Behncke. Run Time: 29 minutes.
- Fit for Purpose: The current view of the future of digital assets
Featuring Scott Farrell, Amit Singh, Kate Pounder and Steve Vallas. Run Time: 27 minutes.
- A fireside chat with Mike Novogratz
Featuring Mike Novogratz and Ian Taylor. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- DLT, crypto and digital value in the banking and payments sector
Featuring Sophie Gilder, Andrew Gee, Bianca Bates, Anthony Jones and Chloe White. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Senator The Hon. Jane Hume Ministerial Address
Featuring The Hon. Jane Hume. Run Time: 28 minutes.
- Joseph Lubin: From genesis through ConsenSys. A fireside chat with Lisa Wade.
Featuring Joseph Lubin and Lisa Wade. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Paul Brody – EY Global Blockchain Leader: From San Fran to a New York Blockchain State of Mind.
Featuring Paul Brody. Run Time: 16 minutes.
- Kris Marszalek: Building global, investing and growing locally. Fireside chat with Susannah Wilkinson.
Featuring Kris Marszalek and Susannah Wilkinson. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Superannuation – The digital asset investment landscape
Featuring Mark Bland, Ryan McCall and Seamus Collins. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Making money move from web2 to web3
Featuring Christian Wigstrom. Run Time: 11 minutes.
- Banking, payments and processing – The changing face of finance
Featuring Cath Whitaker, Steve Weston, Carolyn Breeze, Christian Wigstrom and Susan Brown. Run Time: 21 minutes.
- What’s the use: Blockchain in Action
Featuring Howard Silby, Alex Vynokur, Laszlo Peter and Effie Dimitropoulos. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- Building Bridges from CeFi to DeFi
Featuring Nigel Dobson, Stephen Richardson, Danielle Gerace and Rob Allen. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- Finding Finder – An entrepreneur’s view of the digital future
Featuring Fred Schebesta. Run Time: 31 minutes.
- Overview of Vmware in Financial Services with Brendon Howe
Featuring Brendon Howe. Run Time: 18 minutes.
- Brooks Entwistle from Ripple – Crypto: The New Normal in Finance
Featuring Brooks Entwistle. Run Time: 19 minutes.
- Chloe White: Opening Address
Featuring Chloe White. Run Time: 8 minutes.
- Bankless Podcast: Ethereum Down Under
Featuring David Hoffman, Ryan Sean-Adams, Robbie Ferguson, Sid Powell, Kain Warwick and Pat McNab. Run Time: 51 minutes.
- Anatoly Yakovenko: The growth of the Solana Ecosystem. Followed by a live Q&A with Michael Bacina.
Featuring Anatoly Yakovenko and Michael Bacina. Run Time: 33 minutes.
- Algorand L1 at Scale: Building for growth and accessibility. Silvio Micali, founder of Algorand, interviewed by Adriana Belotti.
Featuring Silvio Micali and Adriana Belotti. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- DLT, crypto and digital value in the banking and payments sector
Featuring Mehdi Zerouali and Anthony Sassano. Run Time: 45 minutes.
- Serum – Powering Liquidity in Defi
Featuring JHL. Run Time: 21 minutes.
- Securing the transactional layer of Ethereum
Featuring Ray Mogg, Steven Goldfeder and David Raper. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- (INVEST) in NSW
Featuring Katie Heathcote. Run Time: 5 minutes.
- Immutable: Build 2 Scale
Featuring James Ferguson, Alex Connolly, Gillian Findlay and John Henderson. Run Time: 31 minutes.
- The Web3 Stack – The Building Blocks
Featuring Ally Haire, Tim Bass, Daniel Bar, Daniel Oon and Rob Morris. Run Time: 54 minutes.
- Current Trends In Crypto Markets
Featuring Janine Grainger, Jeff Yew, Nathan Halliday, Jonathon Miller and Hannah Glass. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- Defi: The Future Landscape, The Road From TradFi to DeFi
Featuring Michael Kong, Sandeep Nailwal, Gwendolyn Regina and Niki Ariyasinghe. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Plugging into Decentralised Finance
Featuring Jon Deane, Sophie McKendry, Egor Sidelska and Jack Deeb. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- Kieran Warwick – Game(Fi) Changing. A fireside chat with Joni Pirovich.
Featuring Kieran Warwick and Joni Pirovich. Run Time: 21 minutes.
- Mance Harmon: Open Source, Decentralization Shared Worlds
Featuring Mance Harmon. Run Time: 28 minutes.
- Cory Klippsten: Fix the money, Fix the world
Featuring Cory Klippsten. Run Time: 19 minutes.
- Danny Ryan: Ethereum – the Merge and Beyond
Featuring Danny Ryan. Run Time: 30 minutes.
- Hong Fang, CEO of Okcoin. Crypto for all – Democratizing wealth with digital assets
Featuring Hong Fang and Brittany Laughlin. Run Time: 30 minutes.
- Konstantin Richter – Bridging TradFi to DeFi. A fireside chat with Andrew Vranjes.
Featuring Konstantin Richter and Andrew Vranjes. Run Time: 31 minutes.
- DeFi Bridges
Featuring Peter Robinson. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Blockchains, past, present and future
Featuring Lucas Cullen. Run Time: 28 minutes.
- Dominic Williams – Truly Decentralized Internet: What Does Web3 Look Like?
Featuring Dominic Williams. Run Time: 33 minutes.
- Future of Finance – A fireside chat with Ronit Ghose.
Featuring Ronit Ghose and Scott Hudson. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Where is the custody conversation going to be in 2023. A fireside chat with Michael Shaulov.
Featuring Michael Shaulov and Scott Waller. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- The CEO view from the front of the pack. The state of crypto and how brands will embrace the sector from here.
Featuring Yoni Assia and Michele Levine. Run Time: 31 minutes.
- From L1 to L2, on to L3 and beyond
Featuring Uri Kolondy. Run Time: 11 minutes.
- Opening Address
Featuring Steve Vallas, Greg Oakford and Ray Brown from CoinSpot. Run Time: 21 minutes.
- Live Virtual NFT Keynote with Brett Harrison, President of FTX.US
Featuring Brett Harrison. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Mik Naayem: Dapper Labs. Followed by a Q&A with Sarah Grace-Worboys.
Featuring Mik Naayem and Sarah Grace-Worboys. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- NFTs & Sports Mega Panel
Featuring Jeremy Loeliger, Ridley Plummer, Joan Norton and Greg Oakford. Run Time: 26 minutes.
- IP Development in web3 – A special Q&A with Tom Bilyeu
Featuring Tom Bilyeu and Theo Kanellopoulos. Run Time: 21 minutes.
- Building the open metaverse – A fireside chat with Yat Siu
Featuring Yat Siu and Caroline Bowler. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- NFT use cases and IP implications – The Lawyer’s perspective
Featuring Alana Kushnir, Susan Corbisiero, Michael Bacina and Dimitrios Salampasis. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- The future of Digital Collectibles
Featuring David Yu. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Pushing the boundaries of NFT utility and art – Homegrown spotlight
Featuring Giant Swan, DCL Blogger, Danielle Weber, Steve Morlando and Greg Oakford. Run Time: 32 minutes.
- The changing face of Digital Currency Exchanges. Where to from here?
Featuring Lee Eaton, Ray Brown, Jordan Michaelides, Holger Arians and Samira Tollo. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- The making of the metaverse and future of gaming
Featuring Adam De Cata, Michael P, Chris Smith and Lisa Teh. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- How NFTs are providing a playground for artists
Featuring Jasmine Mansbridge, Jane Louise, Marc-O-Matic, GT Sewell and Greg Oakford. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- Web3 Startup Projects
Featuring Bronwen Clune, Tim Lea, Boot, Roshan Ghadamian and Yvonne Adele. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- The artists behind the smart contracts
Featuring Harri, Arran, Jospeh Roccisano and Mark Lowe. Run Time: 30 minutes.
- The Big Finish. A fireside chat with Kain Warwick.
Featuring Kain Warwick and Anthony Sassano. Run Time: 29 minutes.
- NFT State of the Union – Where we’ve come from and where we’re heading
Featuring Yasmin Shima, Ryan Carson, Trey Ratcliff and Adam McBride. Run Time: 29 minutes.
- Behind the NFT curtain with project founders
Featuring Betty, wil and Carly Reilly. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Web3 women leading by example
Featuring Lisa Mayer, Jaime Schmidt and Sarah May. Run Time: 27 minutes.
- Big Brands & NFTs – A fireside chat with Chris Liquin from VaynerNFT
Featuring Chris Liquin and Tristan Yver. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Shifting business models through NFTs – music and media
Featuring Joan Westberg, Domino, Mark Carnegie and Jameson. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Opportunities and pitfalls in GameFi development – Why some projects and others fall into obscurity
Featuring Michael Gu. Run Time: 26 minutes.
- Web3 education with Zeneca
Featuring Zeneca and Renae Redgen. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- Mint your NFT 101
Featuring Francois Schonken and Anurag Soin. Run Time: 26 minutes.
- Building NFT projects and experiences
Featuring Bianca Musico, Johnson Xu, Katie Tholo, Benji and Adriana Belotti. Run Time: 32 minutes.
- Opening Address
Featuring Steve Vallas, CEO of Blockchain Australia. Run Time: 12 minutes.
- The Regulatory Landscape in cryptocurrency and digital assets – The opportunity for change
Featuring Sam Bankman-Fried and Brett Harrison. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- Michael Gronager – CEO & Co-Founder at Chainalysis
Featuring Michael Gronager. Run Time: 18 minutes.
- Kristin Smith – Executive Director at Blockchain Association
Featuring Kristin Smith. Run Time: 19 minutes.
- The financialization of everything and the role of DLT
Featuring Todd McDonald. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- Natasha Blycha – Managing Director at Stirling & Rose
Featuring Natasha Blycha. Run Time: 17 minutes.
- Standards Panel
Featuring Jana Schmitz, Loretta Joseph, Mark Staples and Gayan Benedict. Run Time: 26 minutes.
- Crypto Assets: a perspective from a financial markets and conduct regulator
Featuring Mark Adams, Cathie Armour and Nathan Bourne. Run Time: 55 minutes.
- Reg Perimeter / Safe Harbour Roundtable
Rountable led by Chloe White, Managing Director at Genesis Block. Run Time: 43 minutes.
Featuring Joni Pirovich, Greg Valles, Toby Eggleston, Sarah Hickey, Shane Brunette, Elizabeth Morton, Ross Higgins and Amanda Kazacos. Run Time: 45 minutes.
- KYC, AML, Scams Roundtable
Featuring John Bassilios, Partner at Hall & Wilcox. Run Time: 43 minutes.
- FATF & The Travel Rule Roundtable
Featuring Ron Tucker, Founder & Chairman – Emeritus of Blockchain Australia. Run Time: 32 minutes.
- Keynote Presentation from Evan Gallagher
Featuring Evan Gallagher, Principal Specialist, Policy at AUSTRAC. Run Time: 10 minutes.
- Custody & Digital Assets Roundtable
Featuring Scott Hudson, General Manager – Market Liaison at Computershare. Run Time: 38 minutes.
- Digital Identity & Privacy Roundtable
Featuring Kelsie Nabben, Researcher at RMIT. Run Time: 44 minutes.
- Regulating Crypto Globally – Which Countries Are Doing it & Who is Getting it Right?
Featuring Megan Monroe and Nick Abrahams. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Sanctions Compliance in a New Crypto Era
Featuring John Melican. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- DAOs and DeFi: Developments and Regulation
Featuring Aaron Wright and Jack Deeb. Run Time: 31 minutes.
Featuring Paul Derham, Karti Mehendran, Caroline Bowler, Toby Chapple and Lisa Hornery. Run Time: 42 minutes.
- CBDCS – Digital Assets and Value to Enterprise and Regulated Industry
Featuring Hannah Glass, Kel Campbell, Sudhir Pai, Lisa Wade and Rene Michau. Run Time: 34 minutes.
- Moving the dial on environmental, social governance reporting
Featuring Scott Waller. Run Time: 35 minutes.
- Showcasing Western Australia Blockchain Startups
Featuring Ian Love. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- Data Governance – Legal and ethical questions in infrastructure, tools & frameworks
Featuring Natasha Blycha. Run Time: 23 minutes.
- The future of governance in web3: New decision making frameworks for a new internet age
Featuring David Beros. Run Time: 16 minutes.
- Welcome Address
Featuring Professor Rowena Barrett from QUT. Run Time: 4 minutes.
- Keynote Presentation from Karl Mohan
Featuring Karl Mohan, General Manager APAC at Crypto.com. Run Time: 3 minutes.
- Showcase 1
Featuring Liya Dashkina and Jack Deeb. Run Time: 14 minutes.
- Grow This: Ag Tech Panel
Featuring Philippe Ceulen, Albert Bielinko, Mark Gustowski, Bridie Ohlsson and Adj. Professor Warwick Powell. Run Time: 25 minutes.
- VC This
Featuring Rebecca Schott-Guppy, Jeff Yew, Hunter Watkin, Abhishek Maran and Sean Stuart. Run Time: 24 minutes.
- Scale This
Featuring Sonja Bernhardt OAM, Shane Brunette, Paul King and Gordon Little. Run Time: 21 minutes.
- SAAS This Panel
Featuring Victoria Wells, Adj. Professor Warwick Powell, Brendon Ross, Luke Spiller and Daniel Montoya. Run Time: 17 minutes.
- Showcase 2
Featuring Danielle Marie, Damien King, Nicole Crivelli, Ilya Filinykh and Blair Crawford. Run Time: 20 minutes.
- How to build a DCE – One block at a time
Featuring Susannah Wilkinson, Alex Harper, Grant Colthup, Josh Lehman and James Elia. Run Time: 15 minutes.
- The Business of Numbers
Featuring John Bassilios, Nick Christie, Rafael Franco and Electra Frost. Run Time: 15 minutes.
- Showcase 3
Featuring Darren Rogan and Chris Were. Run Time: 12 minutes.
- Build This
Featuring Karen Cohen, Nick Kumaran, Lucas Cullen, Lachlan Feeney and Bill Angelidis. Run Time: 29 minutes.
- Teach This
Featuring Ren Butler, Nathan Burns and Gordon Christian. Run Time: 16 minutes.
- From the ground up
Featuring Rakalene Condon. Run Time: 17 minutes.
- Fix This
Featuring Louise Mercer, Guy Dickinson, Dan Voyce and Katrina Donaghy. Time: 18 minutes.
- Mark Gustowski
Featuring Mark Gustowski. Time: 4 minutes.
- Last impression is the lasting impression
Featuring Simon Cant. Time: 20 minutes.
DAY 2 – DEFI, DEXS & DAOS
DAY 3 – NFTS & THE METAVERSE
DAY 4 – THE REGULATORY LANDSCAPE
DAY 5 – BUILDERS, STARTUPS & SCALEUPS
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I watch the videos?
Assuming you have registered, click on the login button at the top of the video player and enter your registered email address. Alternatively, select your video from the list and then click the login button and enter your registered email address. If you haven’t registered yet, click here and follow the prompts.
Why isn’t my email address working as my login?
Your login is the email address used during the registration process. If you can’t remember the relevant email address, email email@example.com with some details like your name and we’ll try and track you down.
Which browser should I use?
We recommend Chrome, and then Firefox. On mobile, we recommend Chrome.
How do I cast my stream using an Apple device?
- Ensure your Apple device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Log into the Spondo player and start playing the video.
- Tap the AirPlay button in the bottom right corner of the player window.
- In the popup window tap the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV you want to stream to.
- The player will now show that you’re streaming to the TV. Tapping the play/pause button or dragging the timeline will act as a remote for the content on your TV.
- To stop streaming simply tap the AirPlay icon again and select your Apple device from the popup window. The video will continue playing on your iPhone or iPad.
It is possible to stream from an Apple device to a Chromecast or Chromecast enabled TV by following these instructions.
More information is available here.
How do I cast my stream using Chromecast?
- Ensure your mobile device, tablet or laptop is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built in.
- Log into the Spondo player and start playing the vide.o
- Tap the 3 dots in the bottom right corner of the player window to see options.
- From the popup menu select the Cast option.
- In the popup window tap on the Chromecast device you want to stream to.
- The player will now show that you’re casting to the TV. Tapping on the player window will pause or restart the video on the TV. Dragging the timeline will rewind or fast forward.
- To stop casting simply tap the 3 dots in the bottom right corner again, choose Cast and tap Stop Casting in the popup window. The video will continue playing on your mobile device or tablet.
More information is available here.
Help! Where do I get tech support?
For more technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org